Enterprise Products - Risk Specialist, Hong Kong
Posted Oct 31, 2019 - Requisition No. 79309
Multiple solutions. One system. Bloomberg’s Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) is a comprehensive suite of risk management tools that delivers consistent, consolidated results across client’s entire firm. Powered by Bloomberg’s world-class pricing library, market data and mortgage cash flow engine, MARS enables front office, risk and collateral professionals to analyze their trading and investment portfolios, manage and mitigate their exposure and ready themselves for any turn of events.
The team and the role?
The Risk Specialist team is responsible for supporting the Bloomberg MARS Solutions, including HEFF, Front Office, Market Risk, XVA, and SIMM. We are looking to hire a risk specialist to join our exciting and fast growing team. As a successful candidate you will need to have strong modelling, data, project management and communications skills, You will need to have a good knowledge of market risk and be able to explain complex analytics as well as recommending best practices . You will be working closely with sales on running demos, conducting testing/reconciliation, managing product needs for production clients, and working on risk related projects to help improve and expand our existing risk platform.
We’ll trust you to:
Be responsible for our client’s entire experience on the MARS and MARS Risk platform, starting from pre-sale, including
- speaking to clients to understand their risk needs from both analytics and workflow perspective
- setting up and giving presale demos to prospects, based on their portfolios
- explaining and reconciling risk analytics
- documenting and communicating product enhancements to both internal and external stakeholders
Managing the on-boarding of new clients from product perspective, including
- insuring the risk analytics and workflow are set up to client’s expectations
- coordinating on delivering committed product enhancements on time
- helping configure the client's data, modelling parameters, application views, and reports
- training clients on use of the system
Supporting production risk clients, including
- conducting monthly or quarterly client visits to discuss feedback and new requirements
- acting as point of escalation from help desk for client questions and issues, and, when necessary, coordinating internally to get them addressed
- continue to work on upsell opportunities with sales for existing clients
- providing feedback to colleagues on client needs, competitor intelligence and market trends
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in the multi-asset class market risk space
- Modelling skills at Masters of Financial Engineering level
- Highly developed client facing skills and the ability to develop and maintain client relationships at all levels
- Passion for technology and data flows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work across multiple teams and reporting lines
- High level of creativity and adaptability
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative finance, risk management role
- Hedge accounting knowledge
- CFA or FRM
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/multi-asset-risk-system/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.