Equity Strategy Associate - Asia
Posted Oct 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 120756
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry, and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next. Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
You would be part of this growing team and responsible for supporting strategists in the Asia Equity Strategy Research team generating insights, constructing data analysis, and conducting investment research. Research would include periodic assessments of earnings trends, market and sector performance, and relative value. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements. Collaboration with strategy, industry, government, and litigation teams is a key element of this role. BI strategists and analysts arm Bloomberg users with the data and insights necessary to make market assessments.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting sectors and the market at large
- Manage and perform modelling of large data sets, including aggregation and calculation of fundamental series for industries, sectors and indices
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external users
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and improve content and functionality across the terminal
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- At least 2 years of research experience in either equity strategy, economics or related fields
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel VBA and python
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Mandarin to support research and client queries in Mandarin
- Proven excellence in managing and modelling large data sets, with high interest in progressive learning of new quantitative systems
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance/accounting with experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- A collaborative mindset, ability to effectively multi-task and strong organisation skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred
- Strong passion and familiarity with equity markets
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.