Event Manager - Hong Kong
Posted May 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 75179
Bloomberg’s Marketing department is searching for an experienced Events Manager to execute events for Bloomberg. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you. In this position, you will be part of the team, responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Bloomberg Company, Brand and Philanthropy events across North Asia
What’s the role?
This event manager role based in Hong Kong. The role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Team Leader of HK Region Events, Asia Pacific. The individual will work with the Marketing, Event, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams in Hong Kong to develop, plan, execute and measure all events across Bloomberg, including Bloomberg’s core financial products, Enterprise, Verticals and company branding programs. Countries of coverage include Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and South Korea.
What will you do in this role?
You will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg Hong Kong to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and integrated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event execution tools and programs within Bloomberg to deliver precise event execution. You will lead the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, production and overall logistics.As many of our event programs are global or regional in nature, you will lead domestic and international projects with multiple partners (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be expected to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.There will be frequent travel within Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea as well as to other APAC offices for key programs
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience (either as an in-house event planner or in an agency)
- Language skills (Fluency in written and spoken English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin)
- Extensive experience planning and executing events in Hong Kong. Experience in Taiwan and South Korea will be a plus.
- Experience in providing event program strategic guidance, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics.
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment.
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors.
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement.
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events.
- Develops and manages relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit. Works with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit to design and implement relevant event programs.
- Collaborates with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events within the overall marketing plan, seamless communications with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Project leadership and management. Leads domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos) and teams from inception to delivery. Will be expected to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.