Experienced Earnings Estimates Analyst
Posted Jun 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 67551
Experienced Earnings Estimates Analyst (Hong Kong)
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data Department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our team of Analysts manages the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal – the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they use their expertise to help implement technology solutions which improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum support to our client base.
At Bloomberg, we are constantly looking to take things to the next level, and our Global Data team in Hong Kong is looking for someone with experience or specialization in the equity research industry to bring us a real insight into the way in which our data is consumed in the market.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain, process and analyse earnings estimates and analyst recommendations data on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Liaise with sell side brokers to improve coverage, timeliness and quality of research contributions
- Generate new data-driven content for clients to demonstrate the strengths of our data products
- Participate in business development projects, and represent the APAC region in collaboration with your global colleagues to deliver better products to our clients
- Identify potential product value-adding opportunities from market trends and client demands/inquiries
- Constantly grow and deepen your understanding of the equity product and how it relates to the market and our customers
- Proactively challenge and look for ways to enhance our existing workflows and processes
- Become a true ‘go-to’ person for our business and clients in the area of earnings estimates
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering at a local, regional and global level
You’ll need to have:
- At least 4 years work experience in the equity research field
- Ideally with an in-depth understanding of the ways in which financial market players consume and leverage earnings estimates and analyst recommendations data
- Proven ability to utilise your data analytical skills and market knowledge to create actionable insights
- Experience working with clients and senior business stakeholders, with an ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Business fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), with excellent written and spoken communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.