Experienced Market Data Analyst (Hong Kong)
Posted May 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 67167
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data Department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our team of Analysts manages the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal – the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they use their expertise to help implement technology solutions which improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum support to our client base.
At Bloomberg, we are constantly looking to take things to the next level, and our Global Data team in Hong Kong is looking for people who can bring us a real insight into the way in which our data is consumed in the market.
We are looking to hire candidates with at least 4 years of work experience or specialisation in any of following areas:
Our Equity Fundamentals team is responsible for reporting and enhancing equity fundamentals-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide as reported and normalized financials with key analytical financial ratios, alongside industry-specific, ESG and segmentation data for the companies that we cover. If you are an equity analyst or an auditor with a strong understanding of company financial statements and how they can drive a company's performance, this could certainly be the next step in your career.
Our Mutual Funds team is responsible for our Mutual Funds data coverage in the Asia Pacific region. We identify global and regional trends in the market and industry, and perform industry analysis on a variety of asset classes and sectors. We also build and maintain relationships with Fund Managers and contributors in an effort to ensure we have the most timely and accurate data. You might be currently working in a buy-side institution, looking for a change in direction.
Our Fixed Income team is responsible for ensuring that new corporate issuances are available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We are in constant communication with Underwriters and other market participants who are bringing new deals to market. Our analysts also perform research on companies' capital structure and credit worthiness. If you have previous experience analyzing fixed income securities or accessing companies' credit worthiness and are looking for a change, this could be just the next step you’re looking for.
Our Economic Statistics team is responsible for providing key macro and micro economic indicators to any clients who have an interest in understanding economic performance data past and present. If you have previous experiences using such data to write economic reports, generate industry insights or build data models, this could be where you could truly shine in your career.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain, process and analyse financial data on the Bloomberg Terminal – focusing on your area of expertise
- Build up an in-depth understanding and overview of your particular product/asset class and how it relates to Bloomberg and our customers
- Become a true ‘go-to’ person for our business and clients in your area of expertise
- Use your knowledge and experience in technology to come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in business-critical projects, and represent the APAC region in collaboration with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
You’ll need to have:
- At least 4 years of work experience in one of the above areas (Equity Fundamentals, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income or Economic Statistics) - ideally with an in-depth understanding of the ways in which financial market players consume and leverage data related to this asset classes
- Proven ability to utilise your data analysis skills and market knowledge to create actionable insights
- Strong technical ability – ideally with well-practised working knowledge of VBA, Python, R, SQL or C++
- Experience working with clients and senior business stakeholders, with an ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Business fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), with excellent written and spoken communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.