Field Desk Coordinator, APAC
Posted Dec 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 122268
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
The Global Production team literally spans the globe with units based in New York, London and Hong Kong and we support a thriving newsroom that not only includes live and pre-recorded video programs, but audio, digital platforms and live events. With over 2,700 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We are hiring a Field Desk Coordinator to join the Global Production team in Hong Kong. The APAC Field Desk Coordinator requires a strong set of planning and logistics skills as well as a robust knowledge of modern field production and live events. Our group is extremely nimble and plans television productions all across Asia Pacific with high frequency in Hong Kong, Singapore and Mainland China. You will sit firmly entrenched in our Hong Kong bureau and interact across all the media verticals that Bloomberg has to offer. It is a team-oriented atmosphere and is often forced to adapt in evolving and pressure-filled situations.
We’ll trust you to:
- Meticulously build both small and large scale production budgets
- Come with a thriving network of field crews and studios to draw upon
- Have practical and working knowledge of both modern field and live event production
- Have the ability to conduct site surveys and manage productions in the field
- Bring innovation and knowledge of scheduling systems
- Work well with editorial teams to prioritize and scale coverage based on news flow and programming needs
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment, be able to pivot and react as news events evolve
- Have strong communication skills and collaborate across the newsroom with producers, assignment desk editors and on-air talent
- Exercise knowledge of up-to-date technology and hardware for transmission from the field
- Routinely work with our studio ops team in the control room and on set in our Hong Kong studio as necessary
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of field production experience; preferably in APAC
- An understanding of the inner workings of control rooms and master control
- A basic working framework of cameras, lighting and audio
- Flexibility working with new programs and cloud based technology
- Solid experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Flexibility with hours/ability to work weekends and holidays
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.