Financial regulation & exchanges reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75476
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features.
We're looking for a reporter for our Greater China finance team in Hong Kong, who will cover everything from financial regulation to trading. Long Asia's financial hub, Hong Kong has lately been rocked by trading scandals and short-sellers have questioned the financials of several major companies. We're looking for a newshound with an unrelenting passion for breaking news and exploring and explaining complicated financial matters -- on both sides of the border. The successful candidate combines a penchant for big scoops with the ability to conceive and execute masterfully-reported features.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to our Greater China finance coverage, producing scoops and enterprise stories
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom and region
- Be able to write and present information across multiple formats and platforms
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including a track record of scoops
- Proven ability to make and build sources in finance
- An affinity for teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.bloomberg.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.