Bloomberg TV delivers business news, insights and analysis to more than 360 million homes worldwide - 24/7. We are now looking for a talented professional to join our Floor Management team within our growing studio in Hong Kong. You will work directly with the Head of Broadcast Operations and have overall responsibility for the smooth running of the studio floor during live shows, pre-taped production and rehearsals. You will also be expected to undertake control room work which includes prompting and robotic camera operations.
We'll Trust You To:
- Set up and check the studio set and the control room for live broadcasting.
- Handle live studio logistics including, moving cameras, and moving parts of the set.
- Check and put microphones on talent and guests.
- Move talent and guests onto and off set.
- Relay instructions effectively from the control room to the studio floor using a talkback system.
- Be responsible for correct lighting cues.
- Keep the Director and Producer informed of action off-camera.
- Implement and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Liaise with other Bloomberg offices and affiliates to organise and allocate studio resources for live and pre-taped shoots outside of regular programming.
You'll Need to Have:
- Experience working in a TV studio or theatre stage environment
- Excellent track record of strong visual creativity
- Ability to react and adapt quickly and decisively in a fast changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior news editors, producers, directors, managers and clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fully fluent in English is a requirement whilst Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be a distinct advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps but in the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/live/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.