GFANZ Country Chapter Office Lead – Hong Kong (12-month contract)
Posted Feb 2, 2024 - Requisition No. 122980
The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) is a global coalition of financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the economy in line with governments' commitments under the Paris Agreement. Through net zero alliances, over 650 financial institutions from over 50 jurisdictions have committed to the goal of net zero by 2050, in line with science-based pathways to limit warming to 1.5 degrees C. GFANZ was established in 2021 as a forum for delivering sector-wide solutions for net-zero transition, helping to ensure high levels of ambition are met with credible action that support transition globally. Learn more about GFANZ at www.gfanzero.com.
Launched in August 2023, the Hong Kong Chapter harnesses leadership and innovation from Greater China to help solve local and global net-zero challenges as part of the GFANZ APAC Network, which aims to support financial institutions as they independently work to decarbonize across relevant sectors of the economy and seize transition-related opportunities. The Hong Kong Chapter consists of the Hong Kong Office and Hong Kong Chapter Advisors.
In alignment with the global priorities of GFANZ, the Hong Kong Chapter’s key objectives include:
1) analysis, research, and knowledge exchanges;
2) engagement with financial system and growing support for GFANZ domestically
3) connecting stakeholders and amplifying resources.
To support our ambitious work at the GFANZ Hong Kong Chapter, we are looking for an experienced and effective individual to lead our in-country efforts in Greater China. The successful candidate will act as in-country lead for GFANZ. The role requires a deep commitment to advancing the net-zero transition with local stakeholders with a clear understanding of the respective roles of all involved, an ability to secure delivery from the perspective of private finance in a manner that is consistent with GFANZ’s wider role and participant firms’ expectations. It will require excellent stakeholder relationships and management skills, experience with private sector financial transactions, and a track record of leading organizations and delivering complex projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as the GFANZ in-country lead, building and maintaining excellent relations, including at the most senior levels, with key in-country stakeholders across financial institutions, government, international partners, and academia.
- Officially represent GFANZ as the in-country lead and local secretariat, serving the GFANZ Hong Kong Office for the interest of GFANZ’s global strategic priorities, reflecting the needs of local participant institutions.
- Serve as the lead and primary project director for the GFANZ Hong Kong Chapter. Ensure the Hong Kong Chapter’s activities and work products are of high quality, and incorporate i) the perspectives of the diverse types of financial institutions that are part of sub-sector alliances, and ii) the global/regional/local perspectives and insights.
- Collaborate with the GFANZ APAC Network Director and GFANZ Central Secretariat in the progress and final sign-off of workplans, activities and products of the Chapter developed by the Hong Kong Office.
- Experience working at senior positions at financial institutions, public sector, intergovernmental agencies, regulators, NGOs or academia in Greater China
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Expertise in some combination of climate finance, climate transition, and policy contexts
- Proven experience of working effectively with local public and private sector stakeholders and building relationships across levels of leadership
- Strong ability to take a strategic approach while also delivering practically as part of a complex multi stakeholder project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong team player, able to work constructively and collaboratively with local and global stakeholders
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.