Global Data Team Leader - APAC Loans/Clients Data Management, Hong Kong
Posted Dec 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 99081
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Data department in Hong Kong is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Team Leader to manage the team which looks after the areas of Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income league tables offerings. You'll be the subject-matter-expert in the areas of Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income and responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of this data through your team. You'll also manage our existing clients/contributors (which includes Debt Capital Market Desks, Loans & Bonds Underwriters, Arrangers, Bookrunners) and work closely with your peers in the product team on a global level. You'll be responsible for managing and developing a team of high-performing market data analysts who are responsible for our Loans data, and Fixed Income League Table across APAC.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the data strategy of our Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income offerings by utilising your knowledge to improve the coverage, quality and the workflow tools of data management, including the acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Oversee the daily operation of your team to update, maintain and process data covering various Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income markets in the APAC region to ensure the operational excellence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of the dataset
- Represent your team and product on a global stage by liaising regularly with your global counterparts in the Americas and EMEA to ensure the consistency of data strategies as well as continuously seeking new ways to operate more efficiently
- Increase the depth of our product by gathering feedback from the clients/contributors by improving our League Tables offerings to remain relevant and competitive in the market
- Become a true subject matter expert in Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income data to provide customer support to external clients and partners such as the users of Bloomberg Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions.
- Use your expertise and experience to support, influence, build relationships and find opportunities to build our business in APAC
- Be responsible for the end to end leadership of a team of high-performing market data analysts across APAC, including motivating and developing the team, both remotely and in-person to achieve clearly defined goals
- Become part of the Hong Kong management team responsible for driving office strategies around recruitment, retention and development of talent to ensure the continuous growth of the Hong Kong Data team
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
You'll need to have:
Bachelor's or/and master's degree in one of the followings - business, finance, accounting, economics, management, STEM
- 1-4 years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience of financial data, including its landscape and players
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau) and programming languages (such as Excel, SQL, Python, VBA, MATLAB or Regex)
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving workflow tools and processes in data acquisition, processing and publishing of data
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Experience in aligning your department's goals to internal clients, and the ability to build and execute data strategy through a partnership with other internal stakeholders that deliver on that vision
- Shown ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple external clients to spot gaps within our data management process and our product offerings
- Experience driving strategies around recruitment, retention and development of talent to ensure the continuous growth of a team
- Shown interest and understanding of the Syndicated Loans and Fixed Income market
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.