Global Mobility, Immigration & Tax Partner (APAC Region) – Hong Kong
Posted Oct 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 96757
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Global Mobility, Immigration & Tax team in Hong Kong. This role is part of the team responsible for ensuring the successful mobilization of Bloomberg’s existing and new hire employees to and within Bloomberg’s Asia Pacific offices via operational excellence and strategic partnership.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a Global Mobility subject matter expert and strategic partner for HR Business Partners, Shared Services (Global People Services), Recruiters and Business managers within the APAC region, joining the team responsible for leading all aspects of around 150+ local to local transfers and short term assignees (into/intra-APAC) per annum.
- Lead the communication and training of the Global Mobility framework, processes and tools with all partners to drive consistent level of service across the business.
- Manage relocation, immigration and tax vendors locally to ensure consistent application and delivery of all services within APAC.
- Handle the financial aspects of global mobility including but not limited to preparing and reporting projected transfer costs, working with payroll on tax gross up calculations and partnering with HR Business Partners and Business Managers to advise on the compensation setting process for relocating employees.
- Consult with immigration advisors on sophisticated employment immigration issues (including journalist work visas) and resolving/finding practical solutions with employees and HR/Business Managers.
- Manage all senior level strategic transfers to/within APAC and relocations to jurisdictions with complex immigration processes.
- Remain current with the latest thinking, trends and leading practices in the external market in relation to global mobility, immigration and expatriate taxation.
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years’ experience managing the mobilization of a global workforce. Preferred experience gained either in-house with a multinational corporation or as a consultant within a global tax accountancy firm
- Knowledge of expatriate compensation methodologies and experience with international supplier data
- Knowledge of APAC expatriate/individual taxation (ideally demonstrate knowledge of expatriate/income tax for Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Australia and/or specialist knowledge of one of more of these jurisdictions gained either in-house and/or a global accountancy firm)
- Familiar with APAC employment immigration regulations and processes (Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, India & Australia)
- Proven track record in working independently and as a member of a regional and global setup
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with multiple partners across different time zones in order to influence and affect change in a professional manner
- Ability to think critically and to analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and adjust the course, in light of changes to statutory regulations and requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with other departments and all levels of employees
- A keen eye for detail and aptitude to follow through including making and communicating difficult decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a sense of urgency
We'd love to see:
- US expatriate tax and/or payroll experience a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.