Global Mobility, Immigration & Tax Partner (APAC Region) - Hong Kong
Posted Jul 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 105755
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
The Global Mobility and Immigration team comprises colleagues based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, New York, and Miami. Like Bloomberg, we are focused on providing the highest level of customer service and are constantly looking for ways to improve the employee experience across all stages of the relocation journey. We work closely with our tax and relocation vendors to ensure they provide appropriate guidance to our employees, as well as improve their service levels by employing the right mix of technology and personal touch. In addition, we manage employment-related immigration matters for our employees globally to ensure they have the appropriate work authorization for our offices around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in APAC that’s responsible for leading all mobility aspects of around 150+ local to local transfers and short-term assignees (into/intra-APAC) annually. Your broad understanding of global mobility matters, operational excellence and strategic partnerships, will ensure the successful mobilization of these transfers and assignees across the region.
We'll trust you to:
- Act as a strategic partner across all global mobility and immigration matters for HR Business Partners, Shared Services (Global People Services), Recruiters and Business managers within the APAC region
- Work with the broader Global Mobility team to implement our Global Mobility framework, processes and tools with all internal stakeholders and external partners, to drive a consistent level of service across the business
- Manage relocation, immigration and tax vendors locally to ensure consistent application and delivery of all services within APAC
- Handle the financial aspects of global mobility including but not limited to preparing and reporting projected transfer costs, working with payroll on tax gross up calculations and partnering with HR Business Partners and Business Managers to advise on the compensation setting process for relocating employees
- Consult with immigration advisors on complex employment immigration issues (eg journalist work visas) and resolving/finding practical solutions with employees, HR Business Partners and Business Managers
- Remain current with the latest thinking, trends and leading practices in the external market in relation to global mobility, immigration and expatriate taxation
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of in-house HR experience
- External vendor management experience as part of the relocation process or other HR functions
- Experience in collaborating with internal HR and business stakeholders across the region/globe
- Familiarity with APAC employment immigration regulations and processes in all or any of these: Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, India, and Australia
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and adjust the course, in light of changes to statutory regulations and requirements
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with other departments and all levels of employees
- A keen eye for detail and aptitude to follow through including making and communicating difficult decisions
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical skills, strong excel skills and attention to detail with the ability to review data, detect and correct errors, and take responsibility for data quality
- A customer service focus with a responsive and "can-do" open-minded attitude
- A good judgement – knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible
We'd love to see:
- Experience in Global Mobility and Immigration matters in a multinational corporation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.