HR Global People Services Representative - Hong Kong (6 Month Contract)
Posted Nov 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 97591
Your friends all know you as the problem-solver: the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You will be accountable and relied upon for mitigating difficult situations, often leading by example.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you are able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and know what customer service really means.
We are Global People Services (GPS), an integral vehicle of Human Resources delivering a first-class experience to the enterprise. GPS HR Specialists are the vital consultants for employees and business leaders when they have any questions or concerns about HR-related programs, policies or procedures. The team facilitates critical employee lifecycle transactions in a seamless way. From on-boarding new hires into the company, to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple: to provide a seamless, platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses.
What's the Role?
You will be in charge of managing frontline HR processes as they pertain to employees in Japan and the rest of the APAC region, including onboarding, employee life-cycle events and off-boarding. You will also provide consultation to employees and managers on topics that cover a full range of HR-related policies ranging from our benefits offerings to leave of absence or flexible work policies. You'll have the chance to create a network across the different centers of excellence within HR and across the GPS team globally. Additionally, you'll be asked to seek opportunities to enhance the service provided by GPS and ultimately implement changes.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand and execute on Bloomberg's end-to-end HR business processes through our ticketing systems, phone lines, and in person for our more complex, high-touch processes
- Process transactions in our HR Information System (Workday) and maintain data quality
- Address the HR needs of employees and managers, balancing excellent customer service with adherence to processes and controls
- Draft binding employee documents, including offer letters, flexible work arrangements and relocation agreements
- Develop in depth knowledge of our HR policies, benefit offerings, as well as foundation understanding of labour law across different countries
- Work collaboratively to improve efficiency and consistently execute all HR business processes
You'll need to have:
- 1-2 years HR experience (ideally in a Shared Service environment)
- Experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to navigate the "grey" areas by applying judgement and thinking creatively when responding to our employees
- Ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly professional manner, with the ability to interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and appropriately
- Proven ability to provide first-class customer service
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
- In-depth training in end-to-end HR policies, procedures and systems, especially Workday
- Opportunity to become a subject matter expert in processes of interest
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with senior-level colleagues
- Training on basic Bloomberg Terminal navigation and functions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.