Head of Accounts Payable - APAC region
Posted Oct 31, 2019 - Requisition No. 79306
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients—and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. The Accounts Payable team mission is to pay Bloomberg's vendors accurately and on a timely basis.
You are strong with relationship management with internal and external partners to manage accurate and prompt payments to all Asia Pacific vendors across many lines of businesses. You have strong attention to detail and you are excellent at problem solving. You establish relationships quickly and effortlessly, you know how to network with people and what it really takes to simply get things done. You have the ability to handle high workload and volume, excellent multitasking and prioritization skills. You thrive in a team environment, and take time to really understand what does the customer needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong professional to join and lead the Asia Pacific Accounts Payable team, based in Bloomberg's Asia hub in Hong Kong. In this new role, you will be leading various aspects of Accounts Payable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage the Accounts Payable team performance for the Asia Pacific region
- Be responsible for entire Procure-To-Pay (P2P) process across the Asia Pacific region
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of a high volume of invoices in multiple languages across many countries
- Work closely with internal and external customers to ensure accurate responses to payment related issues
- Partner with Cash & Treasury to troubleshoot and improve payment and banking issues
- Master the complexity of many company entities across multiple countries
- Challenge existing processes and drive change
- Streamline or eliminate legacy special handling cases
- Ensure Asia-specific workflows align with global AP process
- Contribute meaningfully to culture, strategy, and overall Accounts Payable vision globally
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Accounts Payable work experience
- Ability to lead other experienced professionals
- Desire to challenge existing processes and drive change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Fully proficient in MS Office
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Fluency in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and/or Japanese
- Knowledge of Ariba and/or experience with robotics
- APAC tax expertise
- Studying towards relevant Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, HKICPA)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.