Head of Accounts Payable - APAC
Posted Aug 26, 2020 - Requisition No. 84543
The Accounts Payable & Supplier Lifecycle Management is a part of the Bloomberg Global Accounting Operations department. Our team is based in APAC and is responsible for the end to end process for all supplier onboarding, supplier payments, and cash disbursements. In addition, we have data governance responsibilities over SAP customer and vendor master domains.
You’re one of those people who:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Team Leader for our APAC region working from our Hong Kong office that will strategically lead all operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance through research, development and administration of Account Payables policies and operating procedure. You will be frequently involved in matters that require accurate judgement and solutions based on analytical thought.
You have strong leadership skills, great work ethics and can empower others through your vision, energy and self-confidence. You will continuously challenge yourself and others to ensure that we are always delivering our best service to all relevant parties. It is critical that you possess a strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done.
You will lead a team that is committed to delivering payments to all suppliers in a timely manner. They always ensure we meet compliance rules, protecting Bloomberg and its suppliers from fraud as well as delivering outstanding customer service.
Process & Systems
You must adopt and use the current technology efficiently to execute operational control within your daily activities always thinking on how to mitigate any potential risk. Effectively lead people ensuring departmental targeted SLAs are met. Be knowledgeable of all AP processes and technologies to better partner with our different stakeholders.
We trust you to:
- Lead, mentor and evaluate performance of the Accounts team while supporting their ongoing development and training.
- Collaborate and establish relationships with internal and external business partners
- Ensure compliance, standard methodology and accurate controls
- Ensure metrics targets and high accuracy rate are met
- Provide operational solutions, promoting team customer service and supplier satisfaction
- Provide partner concern point for supplier issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work with international contacts ensure consistency in policy and procedures are met
- Recommend system and process improvements
You need to have:
- Leadership Experience
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of proven experience in customer service & Accounts Payable
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in accordance with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, thoughtful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to collaborate with corporate decision makers.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent Communication, presentation and teamwork skills
We'd love to see:
- Interpersonal and strong people leadership skills
- It would be an advantage if you are proficiency using SAP
- Proficiency in English, and/or Cantonese, Mandarin would be an advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.