Head of Cash & Treasury - APAC Region
Posted Nov 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 79422
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a bold edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients—and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Bloomberg APAC Cash and Treasury Team is part of Bloomberg LP Global Finance and SAP Solutions Group. We are responsible for ensuring we have adequate and efficient banking structures that allow for optimal liquidity management, together with fast, accurate and adapted payment delivery.
You will lead the APAC Cash and Treasury team, which is fully responsible for the management of cash, liquidity and payment disbursement in the APAC Region. Being engaged in treasury initiatives and projects that will improve automation, controls and efficiencies within the payment space, as well as being responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with banking regulations.
You like bringing new ideas to the table and welcome an environment where they can be tested and implemented. You love taking innovative ways and challenging the status quo whenever it makes sense commercially.
We will trust you to:
- Manage the Cash & Treasury team performance for the Asia Pacific region, with direct reports in Hong Kong & Tokyo.
- Contribute meaningfully to culture, strategy, and overall Treasury vision globally
- Ensure Asia-specific workflows align with global Treasury process
- Oversee the timely and accurate execution of payments and ensure adequate funding for the entire APAC region
- Oversee the timely and accurate application of cash receipts in select APAC countries
- Ensure compliance with new APAC banking regulations
- Master the complexity of multiple entities across multiple countries
- Develop & maintain cordial relationships across all Global Treasury Teams and relationship banks
- Lead the implementation of the most favorable banking structures with a variety of banking partners
- Identify the most optimal and efficient liquidity solutions
- Monitor risk and controls
- Challenge existing processes and drive change
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Cash & Treasury experience of at least 5 years, preferably in house with a large multinational corporation
- A strong knowledge of APAC Banking & Payment Regulations
- Payment & Funding knowledge of the entire APAC region
- The ability to track, maintain, and amend bank mandates and portal maintenance
- Prioritize high volume of activities and to meet tight deadlines
- The desire to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Full proficiency with MS Office
We’d love to see:
- Experience in using SAP as well digital payment technology for B2B payments
- Knowledge of Payment Factory Structures, liquidity and account management
- Familiar of SWIFT Payment Messaging & SWIFT GPI and cross-border / cross-currency sweeps to enhance liquidity
- Able to handle virtual bank accounts and API’s for reporting balances and up-to second data
- A desire to be part of the team and have the curiosity with machine learning
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.