Head of Communications Asia Pacific & Greater China - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 91632
Who we are:
Bloomberg connects influential decision makers in business, finance and government to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. In the Communications team, we do that by engaging with the people most important to Bloomberg, including employees, external media, analysts and other third parties.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Head of Communications for Asia Pacific & Greater China, based in Hong Kong or Mainland China. You will be responsible for protecting and growing Bloomberg's reputation throughout all key APAC markets. Working closely with senior business leaders, bureau chiefs and other departments, you will develop and execute a vision to raise and manage Bloomberg's profile across APAC & the Greater China region. You will work on strategy across all Bloomberg businesses, including Financial Products, News and Media, Engineering and Corporate Functions.
This is an opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and multi-faceted role. We will expect for you to have a firm understanding of capital markets and business and finance news. Experience with trade press and crisis communications will also help in succeeding in this role.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive communications plan for the region
- Using all available communications tools, including earned and owned media, third party relationships and employee engagement, to help lower barriers to entry for Bloomberg’s sales and product teams, talent recruiters and reporters, editors and analysts
- Raising awareness of new and existing Bloomberg solutions
- Overseeing multiple communications campaigns in the region, including the Bloomberg Women's Buyside Network, Bond Connect, Access India and other thought-leadership campaigns
- Managing employees in the wider team communications team across APAC & the Greater China region
- Working closely with senior executives on external and internal communications efforts
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have at least 15 years’ experience in this field with proven strong leadership and stakeholder management in the region
- Extensive knowledge in APAC-based communications experience, including work on China related issues.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of financial markets or a similar industry
- Be able to speak and write fluently in both English & Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status