Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
Wherever a hedge fund is in its life cycle, Bloomberg has the data, solutions and industry network to help our clients take it to the next level. We provide a suite of hedge fund solutions which give our clients a framework to make smarter, faster and more informed financial decisions.
Our team in Hong Kong is looking for a driven individual with sound knowledge of the hedge fund industry and well-honed client-facing skills, to develop and expand the scope of our Hedge Fund and Investment Mandates Data products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve the comprehensiveness of our hedge fund-related data content
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of market players within the hedge fund industry
- Maintain our record as having the best-in-class hedge fund data coverage, by identifying gaps and onboarding new datasets
- Collaborate closely with Sales teams to provide excellent service to the Bloomberg Investor Community
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on our Hedge Fund product functionality and data content
- Manage multiple industry-specific projects simultaneously and ensure that deliverables are met
- Facilitate lines of communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Work with a high degree of autonomy- setting your own goals and milestones, and driving them to conclusion
- Identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement enhancements to our systems, processes and data
What’s in it for you?
- Gain in-depth hands-on experience of the hedge funds industry
- Learn continuously from industry experts and work closely with key decision makers every single day
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real opportunity for exciting and varied career progression
You’ll need to have:
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in client service, sales support or marketing within the Hedge Fund, Private Equity or Asset Management industry- or prior experience in a Hedge Fund Research role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the interact confidently with stakeholders of all levels
- Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships
- Project management experience with the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders while working to tight deadlines
- Well-practiced research and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of having improved processes, systems or procedures
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the hedge fund industry
We’d love to see:
- Experience or knowledge in data management tools and workflows in a related role or function
- Business fluency in English plus Mandarin and/or Cantonese
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.