IPO Deals Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75473
Bloomberg News is hiring an IPO reporter to join its Deals team in Hong Kong. We are seeking an experienced journalist to drive breaking news coverage of Asian equity capital markets transactions, producing scoops on the biggest IPOs and secondary share sales in this fast-growing region.
You are a driven, well-rounded reporter who can quickly build a network of contacts with investment bankers, equity capital markets desks and other industry sources. You will be expected to consistently generate exclusive stories on Hong Kong IPOs and U.S. listings of mainland Chinese companies while teaming up with colleagues across the region to break share sales in other Asian markets.
You will be covering IPOs from the decision to list through the hiring of underwriters, selection of cornerstone investors and pricing of the offering. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives on a competitive, high-profile beat. Knowledge of financial markets is essential, as is the ability to handle sensitive information with confidential sources.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver clear, accurate stories based on reliable sourcing
- Quickly build up a wide network of contacts
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a no-drama team environment, collaborating with reporters across the deals team and other parts of the newsroom
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluency in English, as well as proficiency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Experience in business reporting, preferably in a real-time news environment
- Proven ability to develop a network of sources and consistently produce influential scoops on your existing beat
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.