Incident Manager - Hong Kong
Posted Jul 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 105218
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be stable, reliable, and always available. That’s where the Incident Management team comes in.
On the Incident Management team, we manage the coordination and communication for all service-impacting outages to ensure they have a minimal impact on all downstream users and are resolved as quickly as possible. To do this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We’re the central point for all stakeholders, and we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders during significant outages. Our team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success. We're also responsible for Problem Management activities and help pursue root cause analysis and remediation actions to make sure our incidents don't happen again in the future.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate resolution of incidents through effective communication across multiple teams
- Quickly assess the severity of an outage in regards to business impact and technical complexity
- Notify, escalate, and communicate to senior management the existence and status of outages, as necessary
- Help coordinate the investigations and drive the incidents to resolution/remediation
You'll need to have:
- Experience with incident management for application or infrastructure services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong collaboration skills and an interest in developing a strong network
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
- Good organization and multitasking skills with the ability to ‘pick up the pace’ during major outages
We’d love to see:
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- A self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize work load and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases, and virtual infrastructure
- ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: techatbloomberg.com.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.