Japanese Financials Equity Research Analyst - Hong Kong
Posted May 1, 2023 - Requisition No. 115937
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and their key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data, and interactive charting and functions on 135 industries and 2,000 companies from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next. Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
We are looking for an equity research analyst to join our team focusing on the Japanese financial sector. You will be conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies. You have experience covering the Banking, Insurance and Other Financial sectors in Japan. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with our team of analysts located in Tokyo, Singapore, London, New York and Hong Kong to coordinate and collaborate on analysis
- Monitor and interpret company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries
- Handle earnings cycle, including previews and reviews
- Collaborate with research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to deliver quality research
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of equity research experience in covering Japanese financial sector, particularly the banking industry
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Outstanding primary research and writing skills as well as Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong organization skills and capable of prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Japanese
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.