Legal - Financial Regulatory Counsel - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 96720
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Financial Regulatory team provides coverage and legal support of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We are influential in the development of new products, services and regularly provide legal advice regarding the design and implementation of new products and services.
What’s The Role?
Based in Hong Kong, this is a great opportunity to join the Financial Regulatory legal team who are responsible for the global support of electronic trading venues for securities and derivatives across all asset classes, pre-trade analytics, post-trade services, research, information security and enterprise risk.
In our team, you will have the opportunity to support products across the business including electronic trading systems and data reporting products. On any given day you could be asked to analyse, help implement, or advocate for change to UK, EU, APAC, US and international securities and derivatives laws and regulations affecting Bloomberg's businesses, or draft and negotiate agreements with key customers. You will liaise regularly with senior business people, other legal counsel, our Risk, Negotiations and Compliance teams, or other support functions.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide advice and help ensure regulated businesses comply with their prudential, conduct and commercial obligations
- Provide legal support for business, operations and marketing and sales forces
- Help draft and negotiate agreements and regulatory responses
- Bring a willingness to develop your knowledge of securities and derivatives regulation and related practice areas to complement a highly-functioning legal team with a broad portfolio of regulatory issues facing electronic trad ing, benchmark administrators, technology and information services providers.
- Thrive in collaborating with colleagues to deliver first-class advice and execution to Bloomberg
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all UK, EU, APAC, US and international securities and derivatives laws and regulations affecting Bloomberg's businesses
You’ll need to have:
- Trained and qualified at a top tier law firm
- Post-qualification experience as a lawyer with a focus on non-contentious financial regulatory law
- Familiarity with financial services regulation (both prudential and conduct obligations deriving from UK/EU MiFIDII) securities and/or derivatives regulations
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to thrive in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a diverse team environment
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relevant to broker-dealers, trading infrastructure (e.g. regulated trading venues, CCPs, data reporting services providers, benchmark administrators), investment advisers, public and private securities offerings and/or regulated businesses in the financial services sector
- A secondment supporting an in-house derivatives and/or financial regulation team
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.