Live TV News Producer, APAC
Posted Oct 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 120914
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg TV is seeking an experienced live TV news producer for our Asia headquarters, based in Hong Kong. You will report to the Asia Senior Producer and work on teams putting together eight hours of live weekday shows from across Asia and the Middle East, as well as assisting with other coverage for our global network. We want someone with a strong editorial background and a creative streak, able to produce great content for those passionate about business news in all its forms.
You must have demonstrated skills and ability in TV news production including planning, writing, copy-editing, creating graphics/videos, outputting live shows and handling the pressure of breaking news.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce live shows and thrive under the pressure of the control room environment
- Have strong news judgement to select the markets, finance, economics and policy stories important to our clients
- Have strong writing skills and produce news segments, including building video and graphics elements and conceptualize ways to present data on-air
- Be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a passion for our programming and content
- Be a team-player, with strong communication skills to work with a global team across Asia-Pacific, U.S. and EMEA
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of TV newsroom and control room experience in a continuous news environment
- Proven recent and relevant business news experience
- Strong news judgement with a focus on global business and economics
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in working hours, including early starts
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of the region's business environment and financial markets would be an advantage
- Experience in field work or long-form programmes would also be a plus
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for