Loans Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 96039
Bloomberg is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, and covering debt financing is core to our DNA. We are looking for a reporter in Hong Kong who will cover the syndicated loan market, breaking news on major funding plans from Chinese and Asian companies.
You will be part of our credit team that delivers scoops and timely analysis about syndicated loans, bond issuance, distressed situations and credit market trends, leveraging deep relationships with key participants in the markets.
You're tenacious and passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while also demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's global audience. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues to shed light on how developments in your beat fit into the broader financial landscape.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and get right to the heart of the biggest stories
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Produce longer-term stories about important loan and bond market trends
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom
You need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent financial journalism experience, ideally covering loans/credit markets in Greater China or Asia
- Experience in a real-time news environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Strong written and spoken English. Mandarin/Cantonese is an asset.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.