Localization Specialist (Korean Speaker) - 9 Month Contract. Hong Kong
Posted Jan 25, 2024 - Requisition No. 122821
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Localization Team is responsible for providing translations from English to 11 target languages. We work with partners in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, News, Bloomberg Intelligence and Data. We not only deliver localized content to our partners, but we also assist them in building workflows that make the management of language assets more efficient. We deliver content not only on the terminal but also on the website, pdf documents and multi-media formats including subtitling and voice-over for video content.
What’s the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg’s products for the Korean-speaking market. As part of our global Localization team, you will be responsible for providing high quality Korean translations. You will work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local market.
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Korean, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Korean, including familiarity with local culture and customs, and financial markets
- Translation experience from English to Korean
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, and Language Localization, and excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; you'll work as part of a team and independently, work with minimal direction and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Solid understanding of localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools and terminology management
- Project management experience
- Legal authorization to work full-time in Hong Kong and will not require visa sponsorship
We’d love to see:
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.