Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
What’s the role?
You will be joining our Localization team which supports Bloomberg’s products for the Traditional Chinese-speaking market. You will also apply technical and problem-solving skills to develop creative workflow efficiencies, and implement technology solutions to improve our systems and processes - and all this while providing excellent customer support to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide high-quality Traditional Chinese language products such as analytical tools, marketing materials, company information and online help to our local clients
- Work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product and tools for the local markets.
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information
You'll need to have:
- Native Mandarin, and business fluency in English
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Linguistics, Translation, Language Localization or Software Engineering
- Up to 3 years relevant work experience (full-time or internship)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both Traditional Chinese and English
- Familiarity with Chinese culture and customs, and financial markets
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills, with the ability to lead projects and collaborate closely with other team members
- Strong knowledge of localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools, MT/MT retraining and terminology management
We’d love to see:
- Strong, well-practised translation skills
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.