Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
What's in it for you:
You will be joining our growing global Localization team that supports Bloomberg sales efforts by providing products for the Traditional Chinese speaking markets. You will be applying problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and implement technology solutions to enhance our system and process - and all this while providing excellent customer support to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide high quality Traditional Chinese language products such as analytical tools, marketing materials, company information and online help to our local clients
- Work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local markets
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information
You need to have:
- Native-level fluency in Chinese
- Outstanding English to Traditional translation skills, including familiarity with Chinese culture and customs and financial markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Traditional Chinese, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools, MT/MT retraining and terminology management
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic, Self-driven and proactive; able to make decisions independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to process improvements for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
- Degree with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, Language Localization, Software Engineering or any relevant disciplines preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.