Marketing - Event Manager - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 116421
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. To ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering outstanding end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
What’s the role?
This Event Manager role will be a full time role, based in Hong Kong. In this position the candidate will work with the Marketing, Events, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams across APAC to develop, plan, execute and measure all events (virtual, hybrid and in person) across Bloomberg’s business verticals.
What will you do in this role?
You will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event production tools, platforms and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless event execution. This includes virtual, hybrid and in-person events. You will manage the creative and production process, including invitation, event production, audio visual requirements, speaker management, overall logistics and post event administration.
As many of our event programs are virtual in nature, you will be expected to execute our virtual events on the chosen platform. You will also be expected to lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 10 years of experience either as an in-house event planner or in an agency
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Extensive experience planning and executing virtual and in person events in Hong Kong
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of latest technology & competitive trends
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
- Develops and manages relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit. Works with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit to design and implement relevant event programs.
- Collaborates with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events within the overall marketing plan, seamless communications with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Project leadership and management. Leads domestic and international projects with numerous partners (across different geos) and teams from inception to delivery. Will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business
We'd love to see:
- Understanding or experience working in the financial services markets
- Fluency in Mandarin and experience working with China market
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.