Marketing Manager - Sell-side Marketing - Hong Kong (12 month contract)
Posted Jan 24, 2024 - Requisition No. 122790
The Bloomberg Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning in-house Marketing department. Our mission is to leverage our wealth of data to understand the markets and our target audiences and then deliver impactful creative and results focused programs that support the growth of our brand and align to the strategic priorities of the businesses.
With teams spread across every major Bloomberg office around the world, we have the breadth of resources and market knowledge to take on any objective as well as the Marketing expertise to intelligently address any challenge with a multi-channel, results oriented approach.
What is The Role?
The Asia Pacific Financial Solutions Marketing team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced marketing manager for the North Asia region. Based in our Hong Kong office, this Marketing Manager will cover Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea and will define, develop and execute marketing plans that support our business objectives and help lead all branding and marketing support initiatives in the region. That includes but is not limited to building awareness of our brand and the solutions we offer for the Financial Services industry, generating and nurturing leads for priority acquisition and expansion sales targets, and deepening existing client relationships to drive stronger brand loyalty and retention.
As a member of the Asia Pacific Financial Product Marketing team, this individual will work with business partners and internal marketing stakeholders, including our in-house creative agency and events teams to build strategic and effective programs and manage execution to the highest standards.
They will also partner closely with our internal communications and government relations teams in the region to ensure that our external marketing and communications efforts are aligned and in tune with the priorities for the company.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate to identify the business priorities throughout Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan (with local Sales and/or Product teams) and create results driven, multi-channel Marketing plans that support those priorities
- Manage the full Marketing cycle from strategic planning to execution leveraging all of our internal & external agencies and functional partners
- Be responsible for a number of marketing programs to support regional business objectives that build awareness, generate leads and nurture existing client relationships
- Be detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results for the region
- Become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
- Ensure integration between all planned marketing activity, whether by an audience or product as well as alignment with the broader marketing team globally covering the same audiences in different regions
- Think strategically and execute tactically
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
- Actively lead and participate in global conference calls with both New York and London. Have flexibility to attend sporadic evening and morning calls.
You need to have:
- 6+ years of experience in an integrated marketing role with an international, financial services organisation
- Successful track record in B2B marketing
- The ability to successfully partner with sales and internal marketing teams
- Strong project management and problem solving skills with an ability to create marketing plans and manage through seamless execution
- Experience in executing and tracking integrated marketing programs that involve live/virtual events, website, content and social media marketing within the APAC environment
- Experience in working in a global marketing group and leading and coordinating the local function teams
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn a new market
- Fluency in English is a must
- Fluency in Asian languages (Mandarin/Japanese/Korean) is strongly preferred
- Flexibility to travel sporadically
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.