China Markets Editor
Posted May 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75051
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
We are looking for an editor for China Markets, which provides quick and comprehensive coverage of stocks, bonds and currencies in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. You'll be expected to work with reporters across the region to produce fast and accurate English-language coverage of everything from intraday moves to in-depth enterprise. You'll help break news, develop stories and deliver agenda-setting coverage that demonstrates insight and context.
We'll trust you to:
- Craft both short and long-form content that tells the story of markets in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Edit and write copy for accuracy, insight, and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including charts
- Guide and support reporters on interviewing and writing
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the bureau and across the region, including our Chinese language reporters and editors
You'd need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (bilingual English/Mandarin is preferred)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.