Motion Graphic Artist - Hong Kong
Posted Jul 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 117790
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
We are hiring a motion graphic artist to join Bloomberg Media’s newsroom on the Multimedia Desk in Hong Kong. This team is represented in the global newsroom with colleagues in London and New York and works alongside the Global Newsdesk and TV Assignment Desk on assignments and deliverables. You would be responsible for designing and producing high-quality motion graphic elements that will be used in both live or pre-produced elements for all platforms including broadcast, digital and social media platforms. Most assignments are under a tight deadline and would be prepared in a fast turn model for breaking news or quick timeline for produced packages.
This role will require flexible hours to accommodate global production schedules and news events.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and produce graphic elements that include: animations, data-visualization, charts, maps
- Have a passion for visual storytelling with strong conceptual and creative thinking skills.
- Have an understanding and excitement for financial news, politics and general news
- Have an understanding of video and animation production workflows
- Ensure design standards and brand guidelines are followed
- Be organized and follow best practices for media storage and project organization.
- Handle breaking news workflows in a quick, concise and accurate timeline. It’s a main part of the business for cross-platform news.
- Work well under pressure, take a project from concept to completion while working in a fast paced environment and be able to pivot and react as news events evolve.
- Be proactive - pitch ideas, be creative, bring your expertise to the table and elevate our content
- Be precise in sourcing content and creating elements for your work. Using our large internal library of video and images as well as external resources.
- Be on top of industry trends in video and animation throughout digital media
- Deliver your content to multiple destinations, be familiar with various digital platforms and metadata requirements that are crucial for digital success
- Be highly motivated, accurate and detail oriented in your work
- Have strong communication skills and collaborate across the newsroom with producers, assignment desk editors, journalists and other content creators.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of newsroom experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in design, typography, motion graphics
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.