Network Operations Team Leader - Hong Kong
Posted May 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 75208
The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As a part of this team, you will maintain, support and develop the Bloomberg network, which is integral to the success of the company. The team ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers’ networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure our network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a hands-on, technical Team Leader to oversee the Network Operations team based in Hong Kong. You will join a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to pursue complex problems from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks. You will also partner with a talented, approachable team with diverse backgrounds to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal partners to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Show leadership, direction and motivate a team of enthusiastic representatives who are accountable for installation and support of network connectivity and data distribution across APAC
- Conduct evaluation and career development of team members
- Handle team schedules and enforce department policies and procedures
- Function as escalated support and vendor escalation for all our network related matters affecting both internal and external customers
- Analyze, fix and deliver solutions for complex network issues
- Provide technical assistance and training to other IT support teams
- Assist with implementation, installation and advancement of software/hardware (routers, switches, servers)
- Plan and develop network management systems and design efficient workflows
- Keep up with technology changes being deployed within Bloomberg Networks
- Suggest and drive continuous improvement of operation procedures, documentation and diagrams
- Develop relationships with vendors and internal/external customers to understand network requirements while maintaining availability requirements
- Contribute to policies and procedures to make the department more productive and efficient
You’ll need to have:
- Good technical knowledge with demonstrated leadership qualities including the ability to motivate and influence others, lead by example and actively suggest innovative ideas
- Prior experience in leadership and development of technical teams
- Business proficiency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Comprehensive experience in forming strong relationships across functionalities and business units
- Ability to deal directly with global customers, technical teams and product developers
- Networking Degree, or similar industry standard networking or server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Unix) or relevant work experience
- Practical experience with Juniper/Cisco routers, switches, LAN, WAN and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS)
- Experience working with servers including Red Hat Enterprise Server Operation System
- Experience in project management, business skills and product knowledge
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of edge router equipment (Juniper MX/M/PTX series is preferable)
- WAN experience with leased line connectivity
- Experience with network projects, troubleshooting, planning installations and adhering to strict timelines
- Superb communication, customer service and collaboration skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience with software programming, scripting and reporting
- Experience with network security and firewall platforms
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Knowledge of Data Center builds and design fundamentals
- Experience with handling connectivity issues for customers, financial markets and exchanges
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: http://www.techatbloomberg.com.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.