News Administrator (1 year contract) - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 70998
- Bloomberg News is seeking a News Administrator (Contract) based in Hong Kong to support the Newsroom operations. The Newsroom's pace is fast and varied. We'll trust you to:
- Be enthusiastic, organized and very detail oriented.
- Be able to multi-task, work independently as well as work within a team.
- Hold primary responsibility for administrative matters for Hong Kong as well as provide support for other bureaus when needed.
- Handle responsibilities including expenses and travel, filing press credentials, subscriptions, roster management, desks move, business continuity planning, provide support to visiting journalists, coordinate technical -support, amongst many other duties.
- Have good interpersonal skills to build a strong network with various department outside of News including Information Systems, Human Resources and Facilities to ensure the smooth running of the bureau.
- Organize bureau activities for team building
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Fluency in both English and Cantonese is essential.
- Fluency in spoken Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working in a newsroom, with senior management, a multinational company is a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.