News Administrator - Hong Kong (12 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 102533
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is seeking a News Operations & Support staff (Contract) based in Hong Kong to support the Newsroom operations. The Newsroom's pace is fast and varied.
We'll trust you to:
- Work within our global News Operations team to support the Reporters/Editors and Managers across 25 newsrooms including TV in APAC.
- Hold primary responsibility for administrative matters for Hong Kong as well as provide support for other bureaus when needed.
- Handle internal bureau responsibilities including roster management, new hire orientation, desks moves and team meetings.
- Provide support to visiting journalists, coordinate requirements for journalists covering events. Arrange and manage schedules for visiting senior managers.
- Troubleshoot outages or support requests with newsroom-specific technology.
- Work with Bureau Chiefs and teams to manage newsmakers/editorial boards.
- Manage press credentials for local and international events – Legco, G7, G20, APEC.
- Manage award nominations, subscriptions, memberships and payment matters.
- Oversee business continuity and disaster recovery planning, along with incident management for the region.
- Have good interpersonal skills to build a strong network with various departments outside of News including Information Systems, Human Resources and Facilities to ensure the smooth running of the bureau.
- Organize bureau activities for team building
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Fluency in both English and Cantonese is essential.
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working in a newsroom, with senior management, a multinational company is a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.