News Administrator - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 113657
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg is seeking a versatile and dynamic News Administrator based in Hong Kong to support the Newsroom in its daily operations. Your responsibilities range from independently handling administrative tasks such as travel and accreditation for reporters and managers to working with other departments within Bloomberg on special projects and events. You are highly organized but also flexible and enjoy the challenge of working in a constantly evolving environment. Strong interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
We'll trust you to:
- Work within the global News Operations team to support our Asia-Pacific newsrooms
- Hold primary responsibility for administrative matters for Greater China as well as provide support for other bureaus when needed
- Handle responsibilities including roster management, new hire orientation, desk moves and team meetings, troubleshooting, scheduling for visiting Senior Managers
- Provide support to visiting journalists, coordinate press credentials and provide operational support for journalists covering events
- Handle award nominations, subscriptions, memberships and payment matters
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Cantonese/Mandarin
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel
- Demonstrated experience of collaborating and working across departments to accomplish goals
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience of working with senior management in a newsroom or MNC
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.