News Administrator - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 79078
Bloomberg News is seeking a News Administrator (Full time) based in Hong Kong to support the Editorial operations across Asia Pacific. The Newsroom's pace is fast and varied.
We'll trust you to:
- Hold primary responsibility for administrative matters for Hong Kong supporting reporters, editors, managers and other bureaus when needed.
- Be enthusiastic, organized and very detail oriented.
- Be able to multi-task, work independently as well as work within a team.
- Oversee business continuity and disaster recovery planning, along with incident management for the region
- Handle responsibilities including managing external relationships such as visa applications and award nominations as well as filing press credentials and managing subscriptions.
- Handle internal bureau responsibilities including roster management, desks move, providing support to visiting journalists, and coordinating technical support among many other duties.
- Troubleshoot outages or support requests with newsroom-specific technology.
- Work with Bureau Chiefs and local teams to log and manage important guests and visitors.
- Have good interpersonal skills to build a strong network with various department outside of News including Information Systems, Human Resources and Facilities to ensure the smooth running of the bureau.
- Help coordinate events within your bureaus for example, team building activities while working closely with our supporting departments
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and Cantonese or Mandarin (oral and written)
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst prioritizing work needs in a frequently changing environment
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate with others
- Prior experience of working in a newsroom, with senior management, a multinational company is a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.