Podcast Producer, Hong Kong (12 months Contract)
Posted Oct 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 121145
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for an experienced podcast producer to work on an ambitious daily podcast focused on the economy, the world, and enterprise business news. The producer will work on this show in collaboration with a larger audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work under the guidance of an Executive producer. This role will be project based, and there will be opportunity to work across other shows in the Bloomberg Podcast portfolio.
We'll trust you to:
- Pitch episode and guest ideas
- Produce and report, both in the field and in the studio
- Support a host editorially during an interview
- Log tape and pull archival
- Sync and cut interviews and tracking
- Show assembly and light sound design
- Collaborate on scripting episodes with the ability to develop the story arc, outline, and framing of episodes
- Book interviews both internally and externally
- Conduct fact-checking
- Have excellent news judgment and be able to provide thoughts on the biggest business news stories of the day and week
You'll need to have:
- Experience in working on Asian news and storytelling, and a broad understanding about politics, economics, and technology in APAC region
- At least 3 years of experience in a newsroom environment or on projects with rigorous journalistic ethics
- Experience in reporting and experience with field, remote and in-studio production
- Proficiency in editing software including but not limited to Adobe Audition and Pro Tools
- Familiar with Descript and Google Docs
- Demonstrated interest in covering business news
We'd love to see:
- Comfort with being on the mic is a bonus
- Experience in sound engineering, sound design, and story editing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg