Procurement Operations Analyst (8 Month Contract)
Posted Feb 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 88944
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Procurement department aims to provide an efficient and easy way for Bloomberg employees to buy goods and services, and leverage effective partnerships with businesses to identify the best sourcing opportunities while maximizing value and managing costs. You will be part of the Procurement team supporting multiple internal partners including Construction, Facilities, Infrastructure and Technologies
Your focus will be on delivering extraordinary customer service, owning and fulfilling user requests and being a crucial part of the entire procure to pay process. Demonstrating agility will be critical in this role, as you learn to speak the language of the customer and navigate a complex matrix of choices to drive resolution.
What’s in it for you?
Bloomberg Procurement is constantly transforming while focusing on service excellence while maintaining governance and controls throughout the purchasing process. You will be part of a team which prides itself in driving this culture, and be looked on to directly impact how we evolve our process and systems to continue supporting this vision.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and timely resolution of employee purchase requests, including updating and resolving internal enquiries
- Direct employees to resources as needed, provide policy interpretation & navigation support
- Use procedures, policy manuals and your analytical and investigative expertise to assist in executing purchase requests or quarterbacking the request to the relevant owner
- Create purchase orders and submit to suppliers in a timely manner, in compliance with processes and policies
- Provide excellent support to our vendors with any issues they experience from vendor set up questions to Purchase Order inquiries to invoice reconciliation
- Guide employees in navigating through the Bloomberg Procurement Buying Process and ensuring their request are submitted properly
- Partner with various internal departments, including Finance, Accounts Payable and the business to work through inquiries and problem solve issues
- Provide high touch customer service that meets expected service levels and business performance goals
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 6 years proven experience in the Procurement Operation environment
- Experience with supplier contracting, Purchase Order creation and Purchase Order Maintenance.
- A good working knowledge of Procurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication with experience in a professional services environment
- Understanding and experience in the procure-to-pay and source-to-pay process
- Previous experience developing and maintaining solid client relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage large volumes of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tenacious and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to execute quickly without compromising quality
- Self-motivation and a results-oriented demeanor with the ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- A positive attitude
- Good judgement and the ability to be proactive and use your initiative to seek out solutions
We’d love to see:
- SAP/Ariba, Oracle or other ERP and e-Procurement experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.