Product Manager - Asia Pricing Feeds - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 71443
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're all about capturing, analyzing and enriching data to provide to our customers.
Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platform for thousands of contributors to deliver their over-the-counter prices to hundreds of thousands of their customers. With challenges and opportunities, this platform has unique features focused on the needs of fast-growing Asia contributors. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers intelligent means to distribute high quality price data to their customers.
What's in it for you:
You understand what moves and impacts markets in order to anticipate the ever-changing needs of businesses and our clients. You are passionate about building products that empower our users by providing the most relevant and differentiated data possible. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for our clients.
You’ll define how we ingest pricing content and satisfy the fast growing demands of Asian markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for global desktop feed ingestion and custom feeds for the Asian markets within Bloomberg’s contributed price data distribution platform
- Serve as the focal point between sales, content specialists, and engineering to enhance and improve the quality and breadth of our data coverage
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization and backlog
- Lead cross-functional effort to ensure Bloomberg is aligned with our data providers and remains a source of reliable and quality information
- Continually address business needs through an agile process
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and development status with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data space in Asia
You'll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technical Product Management role
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior customer service, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Desire to be challenged and motivated to rise to the occasion
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done’
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile and Scrum methodologies
We'd love you to have:
- Understanding, experience and interest in financial markets
- Business fluency in one or more Asian languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.