Product Manager - Asia Pricing Feeds - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 71443
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're all about capturing, analyzing and enriching data to provide to our customers.
Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platform for thousands of contributors to deliver their over-the-counter prices to hundreds of thousands of their customers. With challenges and opportunities, this platform has unique features focused on the needs of fast-growing Asia contributors. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers’ intelligent means to distribute high quality price data to our mutual customers.
What's in it for you:
You are passionate about discovering and building products that drive Bloomberg’s contributed data business by enabling data contributors to distribute the most relevant and differentiated data to customers around the world. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful solutions for our clients. In this role you will spend a significant amount of time engaging in product discovery, analyzing data and have the opportunity and expectation to identify and deliver on new ways to accelerate Bloomberg’s growth in fast moving markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage in continuous client and contributor interviews alongside deep data analysis to comprehensively understand market needs
- Develop and drive the global product vision and strategy for the desktop feed ingestion platform for contributed price data
- Serve as the focal point between sales, implementation, support, content specialists, and engineering to enhance and improve the quality and breadth of our data coverage
- Partner closely with Engineering to drive innovation and deliver new solutions
- Follow and leverage where possible technology trends and developments in the data space in Asia
You'll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technical Product Management role with expertise in product discovery
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior customer service, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Desire to be challenged and motivated to rise to the occasion
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done’
We'd love to see:
- Understanding, experience and interest in financial markets
- Passion for ‘Lean Startup’ principles
- Business fluency in one or more Asian languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.