Product Owner – Service Delivery APAC - Hong Kong
Posted Nov 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 111534
Who we are:
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news, and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain, through our services and applications provide an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state-of-the-art offices around the world!
We are a close-knit, hardworking team who rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are successful, and where we can develop.
Our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitoring our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What’s the Role:
We are looking for a Product Owner to drive our regional employee support strategy and execution as part of our team based in APAC. In partnership with our global Service Delivery Chief Product Owner, you will be accountable for developing the strategy and executing the delivery of all aspects of Bloomberg’s employee technology customer service experience within your region. You will be responsible for understanding the regional and global business landscape, communicating the vision, and supporting a customer service strategy that focuses on the employee technology experience with an emphasis on operational excellence.
Areas of focus include regional operational strategy and execution, support of the technology lifecycle, data analysis to support and influence knowledge governance, process documentation & automation at a global level, and more. You will bring creative thinking, knowledge of customer service and IT support industry best practices, and innovation to enhance process improvements and change. In this role you will be responsible for leading an agile team to ensure results are delivered in adherence to performance KPIs and SLAs centered on an exceptional employee experience. In addition, you will demonstrate excellent communication skills to partner with our regional people leaders and other product owners across wider support groups to ensure maximum levels of employee experience are achieved for both our end users and the teams servicing them globally.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Deliver and share our regional customer service priorities and align strategic objectives
- Through an agile framework, deliver on product increments, identify impediments, and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove roadblocks
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the operation to make business decisions balancing risks and benefits for overall good of the organization
- Collaborate with other internal groups such as CTO, Supply Chain, Facilities, Engineering, etc.
- Communicate with and manage stakeholders at all levels, flex style as needed to inform and influence outcomes
- Understand your stakeholders' priorities and how regional nuances need to be accounted for in the global vision
- Evaluate and partner with regional leaders to manage key performance criteria such as response and resolution times, first contact resolution rate, quality assurance and customer satisfaction scores, drive change where needed to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Assess internal and external factors that can affect outcomes, leverage problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans are delivered on intent
- Understand industry trends in the customer service space to contribute to the user-experience strategy
- Promote team synergy among operational partners, stakeholders, and vendors
- Deliver thoughtful change management strategies and rollout of new products for your region in alignment with regional managers
You’ll Need to have
- 5+ years’ experience in a 24*7 IT Support role within a global organization or 3+ years’ experience in a technical support and stakeholder engagement role in Bloomberg.
- Experience and involvement in IT change management and root / cause analysis
- Experience working in a L1 support role in a 24*7 production environment
- Experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across functions, responding with empathy to understand customer’s needs
- Proven track record of time management, prioritization, and balancing needs in a complex environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data and evidence-based decision-making
- Ability to combine human stories and needs with data insights to identify a compelling path forward
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations
- A thorough business acumen that combines process design, workflow optimization, product development, and operations to deliver successful outcomes
- Ability to work in a global organization with a customer first mindset
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
We’d Love to see:
- An innovator comfortable articulating a bold vision, creating a strategy around it and executing.
- A problem-solver who does not settle with the status quo, seeks to make things better, and is not afraid to make bold decisions in ambiguity
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration, holds self and team accountable, and can link what we do and why we do it to empower the team around them to think beyond specific tasks, understand the goal, and drive value for the business
- Experience in creating and advancing strategy, process implementations, and life cycle support of corporate PCs, laptops, and mobile devices
- Knowledge of various means of corporate device life cycle management such as DaaS
- Innovative approach to spotting gaps and seeking opportunities to incorporate industry best practices and technology to enhance existing processes and workflow
- Experience in creating robust knowledge based articles that serve as self-help tools to both our internal support organization and external stakeholders
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.