Production Support & Technical Relationship Representative - Enterprise Technology Services – Hong Kong
Posted Jan 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88514
Who we are:
Innovation in technology continues to increase at an unprecedented rate and no more so than in capital markets with the industry in the midst of a seismic transformation with technology at the heart of every business decision. As the dynamic continues to shift from the desktop to the enterprise, technology is enabling firms to significantly reduce their cost through workflow automation, artificial intelligence and machine to machine interaction.
Bloomberg remains at the forefront of this transformation by providing a unique value proposition by combining technology products developed specifically for capital markets with the industry leading expertise necessary for the future Bloomberg customer operating in capital markets.
What do we do?
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products. Working as part of a global team of support specialists you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You will interact directly with our customers through live communication methods and deliver a high degree of professionalism, technical proficiency and a comprehensive understanding of their business workflows. You will work to help solve production service problems and consult, train and guide customers through enhancements and self-service functionality. You will work closely with our engineers, solutions architects and product development in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases and positioning enhancements.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global client’s production environments. Examine their root cause, and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our buy-side and sell-side businesses to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
You’ll need to have:
- A computer science background or equivalent work experience with knowledge of financial markets and trading lifecycle
- 3+ years working experience in similar roles with background in customer support including understanding of incidents, change management processes, and ability to solve problems
- Hands on experience troubleshooting networks/connectivity/messaging i.e. FIX, MQ, TCPIP, API
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business with strong written and oral communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Exposure or certified practitioner in vendor cloud technology i.e AWS, Azure
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases
- Exposure to scripting languages, e.g. Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.