Project Manager, Commercial Events - Hong Kong
Posted Aug 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 118474
At Bloomberg, we focus on what makes each person unique, interesting, unexpected and even untraditional. The job descriptions here include everything we think would help someone to perform the role. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We are looking for the type of person who has a passion for event planning, people and systems, is versatile, meticulous, and a task master.
Marketing's Global Event Team creates in-person, virtual and hybrid event experiences convening audiences across business, government and philanthropy. We aim to connect regional and global teams to create a strategic, data-driven approach that’s unified and delivers on our company wide priorities while still meeting individual business objectives. Annually, we create, plan and execute 2,400+ events across a portfolio of virtual, in-person and hybrid events reaching 239K clients, prospects and employees in over 60 countries. By working across all Bloomberg businesses, commercial and franchise event groups, subsidiaries and the foundation to create community and accountability around events.
The Media Events Project Manager, Marketing is responsible for daily management of specific assigned Media events, working on the management of event production including but not limited to venue/vendor research/selection, timelines, staffing, logistics, guest experience, and creative production. Success in this role will be defined by being a leader and effective manager of seamless production. This role reports to the Global Events Team Lead. If you think you may be a good candidate, even if you don’t match every detail listed, we’d really like to hear from you. Let’s get the conversation started.
We will trust you to:
- Provide day-to-day management of assigned Media events – overseeing all elements of event production including working closely with procurement, legal and compliance groups on venue/vendor research and selections.
- Work closely with the assigned Media Executive Producer to keep the cross-functional event function leads aligned to the plan and the event scope and engaged from kickoff to delivery.
- Effectively lead and communicate with a global event project team as well as Media stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of each event, manage expectations, and provide feedback.
- Own production budgets and project timelines, offering suggestions for efficiencies and feasibility and anticipate challenges before they arise to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the Event Management Team Leader on roles and staffing
- Oversee the development of show documents, communication strategy, ground plans and layouts, creative concepts, staffing, onsite security and logistics, transportation, catering, etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly self-motivated, energetic and engaged team member with the ability to work independently.
- Comfortable multitasking and working graciously in a fast-paced environment.
- Take initiative and make sound decisions consistent with business to problem solve with the ability to anticipate challenges and provide sound solutions.
- Be Ambitious. Be Generous and lead by example – be a collaborative colleague, specifically when working with cross-functional teams.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of event production experience
- Experience in leading complex projects and partnering with senior stakeholders across different regions
- Excellent technical competency with project management tools and online systems including at minimum Microsoft 365, Google Workspace and Slack.
- Have the technical ability to navigate & learn new platforms/programs with some degree of self-initiative
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creating thinking, and decision-making ability
- Willing to travel internationally to execute events
- Fluency in Mandarin to support China market
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Professional experience in Media industry or Event Production Agency
- Background or interest in festivals, music, arts, hospitality, operations, travel
- Experience with Salesforce
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients, and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Find out more here:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.