Quicktake Video Producer/Editor APAC
Posted Dec 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 98505
Bloomberg Quicktake is a news network offering a global view on the biggest stories for a new generation of leaders and professionals. We cover subjects spanning business, technology, culture, society, personal finance, politics, climate, and the business of sports, food, travel, and entertainment.
Our coverage is backed by Bloomberg's newsroom of 2,700 journalists in 120 countries, empowering us to produce unique documentary-style original series, anchor-led live news shows, data visualizations, motion graphics, on-the-ground breaking global news and live events. We are the natural home for cutting-edge business video with exciting plans for growth and countless opportunities for professional development.
Bloomberg Quicktake is looking for a multi-skilled video producer/editor to create engaging and compelling content for our social and streaming news platforms. We're looking for someone who can take a story from pitch to publication, and even help with social distribution. We want you to pitch ideas, collaborate with Bloomberg News reporters, and produce content across a wide range of topics for our young global audience.
We’ll trust you to :
- Identify, monitor and cover breaking news, live events and top global stories
- Pitch social-friendly video content, ranging from breaking news and explainers to features
- Ability to produce, script, video edit, and/or film where required
- Work with Bloomberg reporters to produce video reports and explainers
- Provide copy-editing and accuracy checks for other team members
- Upload and help publish content to our social media platforms (Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Facebook)
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years experience in live news/production and/or a digital editorial environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro (After Effects, Audition and other Creative Suite applications are a plus)
- Strong news judgement as well as organizational, storytelling and communication skills
- Collaboration skills across the team and willing to take on any project across the newsroom
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- A background in, and passion for journalism
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Additional skills we'd love to see:
- Passion for brainstorming & experimenting with creative ways to tell stories
- Asian language skill(s) to help with local news coverage and primary sourcing. This includes but is not limited to Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- A basic understanding of financial news industry
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.