Radio Producer APAC, Hong Kong
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 102337
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Radio has a rare opportunity for a motivated, hardworking Producer to join its radio team in Hong Kong. In this full-time position, the Producer will write, book and direct 4 hours of morning programming for our Bloomberg Daybreak Asia program. The Producer helps set the editorial agenda and vision for the show. In this role, they will select stories, write scripts, edit audio, and direct the program. Candidates for this role should have extensive experience in writing and audio storytelling, strong editorial judgement, commitment to detail and the ability to create a positive environment in an extremely fast-paced setting.
This person will demonstrate a creative approach to tasks, have an enthusiastic work ethic and strong multitasking skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write and edit broadcast scripts, audio packages and podcasts focused on stories in the Asia-Pacific region with global impact
- Communicate and coordinate with reporters across the newsroom
- Record, cut and mix audio for broadcasts
- Direct show anchors from the control room
- Identify and book influential guests for the shows
- Develop and execute a social media strategy to promote content
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of mid-major market radio, podcast and/or news production experience in APAC
- Strong editorial news and production skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition audio editing software
- Proficiency with newsroom software systems
- Experience with social media tools such as social flow and audiograms
- Exceptional broadcast writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Flexibility to adjust working schedule as business needs demand
- Bachelor's degree
We would love to see:
- Experience in a business news environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.