Real Estate Reporter
Posted Apr 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 66495
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Hong Kong's property market, home to the most expensive real estate in theworld, has spawned the city's richest and most powerful tycoons. It has seen some of the largest transactions of all time, sparked political protests andexposed deep divisions between the haves and have-nots. And unlike in other major urban centers, the historic rally shows no signs of slowing down.
We are looking for a reporter who will provide the definitive account of the world's most exciting real estate market. If you have a nose for sniffing out big news, a hunger for scoops, a penchant for building sources, and the ability to spot big trends, then we are looking for you to join our Real Estate team in Hong Kong.
We will trust you to:
- Build connections with the biggest real estate companies, agents and other industry sources in Hong Kong and China to break news on a variety of subjects, from mergers and acquisitions to land tenders.
- Work closely with colleagues in China to track the flow of money from the mainland into Hong Kong real estate, whether from companies or individuals.
- Identify and articulate broad trends in the property market, spanning topics such as affordability, household debt, interest rates and asset prices.
- Be equally comfortable with succinct on-the-spot stories and ambitious sweeping features that can run in other platforms such as Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets magazine.
- Be well-versed in analysing and interpreting data to connect the dots for readers.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese whilst Mandarin would also be a distinct advantage
- Strong writing skills and a proven ability to build a strong network of sources
- A sense of urgency and the ability to work in a dynamic news environment with hard deadlines
- A collaborative approach that allows you to thrive in a global team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous business, real estate or financial journalism experience is essential
- Experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable, with experience of breaking news being essential
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.