Relationship Manager - Global Data Research Content Acquisition (Japanese Speaker), Hong Kong
Posted Dec 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 98362
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we are responsible for acquiring, collecting, and enriching it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) manages the acquisition of the data that is contributed to us from our content partners (3rd parties, exchanges, banks etc) to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Business Intelligence. Our goal is to be our content partners platform of choice by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships built on trust and exceptional service. We onboard an incredible amount of content, so it is imperative that it is discoverable, compliant and compliments our broad suite of Bloomberg products.
Our Research Content team is responsible for acquiring and managing research content and data from research providers, which is then made available to our client base. For clients who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access research content in one place helps them to make faster and more informed investment decisions. For the research providers, the ability to deliver their content to a platform like Bloomberg that their clients actively use, ensures greater client engagement for their analysts and sales teams.
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven professional like you, to join the team in Tokyo covering both Japan and Australia market. Using your existing knowledge of buy-side and sell-side research workflows, we will be relying on you to play a pivotal role in positioning to our existing and prospective content partners that Bloomberg is the most effective way to distribute and monetise their IP and insights to our mutual buy-side clients.
You will be working alongside a team of senior content relationship managers to maintain and expand the Bloomberg research content suite, building trusted relationships with major sell-side, buy-side, independent research institutions and data contributors.
We will trust you to:
- Own and develop the business relationship with our research content partners at varying levels of seniority (Heads of Distribution, Heads of Research, Heads of Sales, COOs, CTOs etc)
- Consult and reiterate to these partners, the value proposition of being a content distributor to Bloomberg
- Understand and source new key research content that our existing and potential customers find valuable for their research process
- Proactively engage with research content partners to maintain quality and timeliness of their distribution to Bloomberg. This is critical and mutually beneficial for our shared customers
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to identify gaps and opportunities within our coverage
- Negotiate mutually beneficial contracts with third party data providers that optimises content visibility on Bloomberg
- Work closely with internal business units (Product teams, Implementation, Data specialists etc) to both problem-solve and outline the requirements for research content optimisation on Bloomberg, ultimately positioning the agreed approach to our contributing partners
- Stay on top of industry news, through client engagement or self-learning, and share those insights with stakeholders across the business
You will need to have:
- An understanding of Buy-Side/Sell-Side Research workflows
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills
- Strong track-record of building strong senior-level/decision maker relationships
- Be self-motivated and a quick learner, with the ability to work independently as part of a small regional team and collaboratively as part of a larger global team
- Demonstrable experience in working with research and research technology player-types on either buy or sell-side
- Aptitude to interpret data and demonstrate how it supports a theory
- Strong presentation skills
- Have the flexibility to prioritise and lead multiple projects at the same time, working across multiple accounts
- Excellent written and verbal English and Japanese communication skills
We would love to see:
- Prior experience in sales, relationship management and/or business development
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure to release new products
- Working knowledge of a Bloomberg terminal
- General interest in the changing landscape regulatory developments impacting the Research industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.