Relationship Manager - Global Data Research Content Acquisition, Hong Kong
Posted May 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 82818
The research content specialist team sits within Bloomberg's Content Acquisition & Business Management team and leads the way in the management and acquisition of the investment research content which fuels our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise Data Solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute professional, like you, to join the team in our Hong Kong office. Using your existing knowledge and relationships, we'll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in rapidly developing our research content and data. You'll be given the autonomy to improve the contributed research product working collaboratively with major local sell-side, buy-side, independent research institutions.
We'll trust you to:
- Expand our Research, Estimates, Models and Corporate Access content focused on Hong Kong and Taiwan region.
- Build relationships with key Buy-side, Sell-side, Independent Research, and Data Provider firms
- Identify & qualify target lists of research and data contributors
- Negotiate contracts with third party content providers
- Work closely with Terminal Sales and other internal business units to clearly define our clients' research & data requirements, position our research & estimates offering, and deliver new content to our users
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a research/content distribution or research sales oriented role
- Ability to self start and work independently with creative ideas to cater to specific requirements of the local markets
- Strong financial knowledge and market understanding
- Ability to spot and follow emerging research, and data trends
- Prior experience in sales, relationship management, and/or business development
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Business level proficiency in English
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and client servicing skills
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure to release new products
- Possession of Research related contacts at a senior level
- Working knowledge of a Bloomberg terminal
- Knowledge of data sourcing, distribution products, and technology
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.