Research Content Specialist
Posted Jun 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 67417
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Our Content team is responsible for acquiring and managing equity/credit research content and data from the sell-side and independent research providers which is then made available to our client base. For the buyside, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access research content in one place makes their lives easier and more efficient. It also helps them make more informed investment decisions. For the sell-side/independent research houses, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater readership and return on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute professional like you, to join the team in Hong Kong. Using your existing knowledge and relationships, we’ll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in further developing and enhancing our research content and data.
You'll be given the autonomy to continue to build the research product working with major sell-side, buy-side, independent research institutions and with data contributors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Expand and enhance our Research, Estimates, and Corporate Access content on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Build strong relationships with Heads of Research, Heads of Sales, and COOs within Sell-side and Independent research firms, as well as Buy-side firms
- Facilitate partnerships with content producers so as to improve the quality of content contributed to the terminal and to help deepen the overall relationship with Bloomberg
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to identify gaps and opportunities within our coverage
- Negotiate contracts with third party data providers to help build a scale-able on-boarding approach and optimize the visibility of this content on our systems
- Work closely with internal business units to clearly define our clients’ research & data requirements and position our content offering to our users.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience in a research/content distribution or research sales-oriented role
- Possession of Research related contacts at a senior level and comfortable in engaging new contacts
- Basic/working knowledge of distribution technology
- Ability to spot and follow emerging research and data trends
- Willingness and track record of building strong networks internally and externally
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Demonstrate innovative ideas to cater to specific requirements of the local markets
- Quick learner and driven to find answers without being given a lot of detail or instructions
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills
- An "all hands on deck" attitude
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in sales, relationship management and/or business development
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure to release new products
- Working knowledge of a Bloomberg terminal
- Understanding of MIFID II’s impact on the research industry
- Fluency in at least one Asian language
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.