Sales and Marketing Coordinator, BloombergNEF (3 Months Contract)
Posted Jul 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 84096
BloombergNEF provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers driving change in the energy system. With unrivalled depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum on the Bloomberg Terminal and from our comprehensive web-based platform.
BNEF products fits our client’s daily workflow, streamlines their research, sharpens their strategy and keeps them informed. BNEF's sectorial products provide financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space. The BNEF Summit has been convening leaders in energy, industry, transport, technology, finance and government since 2008, generating ideas, delivering insight, and making the connections that help them formulate successful strategies, capitalize on technological change and shape a cleaner, more competitive future.
We are seeking a talented, motivated individual with experience in client-facing business development roles in the APAC region. You’ll be working on engaging our clients in China, SE Asia, Japan, Korea, and Australia.
What's the role?
- You will be based in our Hong Kong office, working as part of our Greater China business development team at BNEF; this team is responsible for growing and maintaining our client community in the Greater China region
- Your role will be to provide support to the BNEF sales and marketing teams, in particular in the engagement of senior clients and stakeholders at the BNEF Summits
We'll trust you to:
- Manage recruitment of the 500 attendees of the BNEF APAC Future of Energy Summit in Shanghai
- Work with content teams in Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore and Sydney to support outreach to VIP speakers
- Help to maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal systems
- Work with the wider APAC team to develop invitation lists and identify key invitees
- Support local and international marketing efforts to promote the Summit to the target community
- Act as an initial point of contact for incoming attendance requests
- Report progress to the APAC Summit team weekly
- Coordinate meetings before, during and after the Summit
What’s in it for you?
- Work with an exciting team in a growing business
- Gain exposure to and interact with major players in energy, finance and government
- Comprehensive training on BNEF products and services
- Potential opportunity to convert into a full time sales associate at BNEF depending on performance
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Energy, Arts, Science, or related discipline
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in providing business development or marketing support
- Ability to work effectively on a close-knit and collaborative team
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy sector
- Proven ability to manage several tasks at the same time, with a rigorous attention to detail
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative and an ability to face challenges with a mature and professional manner
- Fluent in English and Native in Mandarin are critical to this role
We'd love to see:
- A demonstrated interest in the Energy Industry
- Prior sale, client services or B2B marketing experience
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
Does this sound like you?
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.