Senior APAC External Relations Professional, Hong Kong
Posted Sep 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 120138
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
As part of Bloomberg’s External Relations department, our team is responsible for leading engagement with Government and Regulatory agencies and authorities in relation to policy formation impacting Bloomberg and capital markets and working closely with our business and product teams in terms of how these developments impact our clients and the broader market.
Our team builds and maintains a wide and deep network of partners through proactive engagement, delivery of education and technical expertise and the organization of high-level summits and roundtables with key decision makers and senior business leaders. We constructively contribute to the policymaking process by responding to public consultations, participating in expert Working Groups, convening high-level stakeholders, assisting policymakers on the practical implementation of proposals and delivering regulatory adherence solutions.
What's the role?
We are looking for a senior APAC External Relations Professional with a proven track record of leading strategic regulatory and institutional engagement across APAC. You will work closely with a wide range of colleagues on a series of initiatives designed to engage senior decision makers, regulators and clients in partnership with our business and product teams.
As part of your work in the region on behalf of Bloomberg you will work closely with our senior management globally. The role can be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
We'll trust you to:
Drive strategic engagement
- Position Bloomberg as a key stakeholder on important regulatory and policy debates in APAC which matter to Bloomberg and our clients.
- Engage senior decision makers in Ministries, Central Banks, Regulators and private sector Boards.
- Drive forward the wider advocacy and engagement priorities of the External Relations team in the region.
Manage and Lead
- Focus on impact and results
- Encourage risk-taking in the pursuit of creativity and innovation
- Demonstrate leadership skills and conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Lead formulation of strategies and their implementation
- Negotiate with senior internal and external stakeholders; ability to identify and analyse trends, opportunities and threats
- Possess excellent drafting and presentation skills
- Plan and organize work programmes
- Possess Strong IT skills
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working directly or collaborating with policymakers and regulatory authorities.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working across multiple jurisdictions (at least 5 years in APAC) in a senior management capacity in the areas of Legal, Government & Regulatory Affairs, Public Affairs etc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in policy formation or supervision at a finance ministry, central bank or securities regulator OR policy advocacy and/or implementation at a financial institution or financial markets infrastructure firm.
- Financial professional qualifications to demonstrate their expertise in financial markets (e.g. CFA or other relevant Investment, Risk management and Compliance qualifications).
- Outstanding critical thinking, research, analysis and communication skills.
- Proven track record of being a strong leader, strategic thinker and executor, with outstanding collaboration skills.
- Ability to navigate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English to communicate with stakeholders across APAC.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, economics, development, journalism, and/or related fields or degree-equivalent qualifications.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.